About Wynne Associates
Sandy Wynne and Joan Shannon, the Wynne Associates team, offer Vermont real estate buyers and sellers an exceptional experience, with personalized treatment in a flexible, small agency atmosphere, so you have a committed partner with you every step of the way, from start to finish. We look forward to doing business with you.
Originally from New Jersey, Sandy graduated from the University of Vermont and has made Vermont her home for many years. She and her family reside in Burlington, the largest city in Vermont located on the beautiful shores of Lake Champlain.
Sandy has been a Vermont Licensed Real Estate Broker since 1983, helping buyers and sellers in Vermont with single family homes, multi family properties, condominiums, as well as land and rural properties. She has extensive knowledge and experience with land issues that are important to both buyers and sellers. After working in the real estate profession for many years, Sandy started Wynne Associates in 2007 and is currently the Owner/President.
In addition to her real estate license, she has held teaching licenses in Business and Spanish. She has a Master of Science in Administration from Saint Michael's College in Colchester Vermont, completing her Masters thesis "The Challenges of Marketing Fair Trade,". She and her family enjoy hiking, biking, kayaking, boating, and exploring our fabulous state.
- Fair Trade Burlington Network
- Fairtrade America Advisory Council
- Vermont Action Team for PPNNE
- Former member of the Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission
- Former member of an Affordable Housing Task Force
- Community Fair Trade speaker
- VT Associations of Realtors - Good Neighbor Award 2012
Education and Qualifications
- University of Vermont, B.S. in Education
- Saint Michael’s College, Masters of Science in Administration
- Stanford University, Certificate in International Women’s Rights, Health and & Human Rights
- Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource Certification (SFR)
- Small Business Consultant
- Real Estate Consultant for developers and builders
- Member of Northwestern VT Board of Realtors, Vermont Realtors, and National Association of Realtors
Joan is a longtime resident of Burlington, Vermont with over twenty years experience in marketing Vermont products and services. From 1998 – 2008 Joan owned her own business, Longbody’s Swimwear, a company that designed, manufactured, and marketed swimwear for long torsoed women.
After the birth of her daughter, Joan wanted a career that kept her closer to home, and avoided travel to trade shows in far away cities.
In 2009, Joan turned her efforts and interests to helping others in the buying and selling of Vermont property when she joined Sandy Wynne at “Wynne Associates.” Joan’s knowledge of the local market, local neighborhoods, and zoning are valuable assets to her clients.
About working for Wynne Associates, Joan states “ I really love working with Sandy because we are both committed to doing whatever it takes to meet the needs of our clients and provide an exceptional level of service.”
As a landlord and real estate investor, Joan is well-versed in market trends and real estate values in the residential market. She has also served as a Burlington City Councilor since 2003, and worked on many zoning, permitting and land use issues during her tenure.
In her spare time, she can be found at one of our area’s fabulous community events, or at the helm of a sailboat on Lake Champlain.
- Burlington City Councilor 2003 to Present
- Council President 2012-2015
- Board of Finance 2012 -2015
- Tax Abatement – Chair
- Transportation Energy and Utilities Committee
- Burlington Telecom Advisory Committee
- Form Based Zoning Code Committee
- Charter Change Committee
- Burlington Telecom Blue Ribbon Committee
- Ordinance Committee - Chair 2009 -2012
- President Preservation Burlington 2001-2003
Education and Qualifications
- Franklin and Marshall College, B.A. Government
- Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource Certification (SFR)
- Member, Northwestern VT Board of Realtors
- Member, National Association of Realtors
- Snelling Center, Vermont Leadership Institute 2011